Some Good, Some Bad
Some Good, Some Bad
There are so many good things about my trip to my 73rd Tosa (Wauwatosa is a suburb of Milwaukee, Wisconsin) high school class reunion. And yes, you are correct in your assumption, that there weren’t many alumni there, only 7 grads attending. But it’s always more interesting to discuss the bad, so here we go!
Flying, as you know is not a great thing, but let me not digress. I was eager to get to my “helltol” – not a typo, but a more apt description of the Hilton Garden, a hotel from hell! The little refrigerator had been turned off, however closed up, We soon learned why it had been turned off – there were two settings – freezing or off. So my Brie and my apple froze.
A minor issue – a big issue for me is perpetual air blowing. A rather complicated thermostat – four settings in addition to the temperature control, on the wall where the only light came from a lamp with a broken switch. Yeah, I guess, I’m being whiny – just shut up and turn on the lamp, however the only way to turn it off was to unscrew the bulb, I was directed to simple turn off the fan. Easy peasy! When I came back to the room the temperature was 89, although the thermostat had been set for 68. Perpetual blowing problem unsolved.
One of the lights in the bathroom went out, however it really was not a problem. I put my makeup on at the desk with the natural light coming in. The bathroom sink was clogged up. When running the water to brush your teeth, filthy water came up from the drain. The clogged up sink was a turnoff.
Oh, how I love room service! But the restaurant must be open to accomplish this. Hours were quite limited. My nephew Michael, and I had arranged to meet there at 10am. I got there early and rudely interrupted a flirty conversation between the waitress and two guys, drinking coffee. To her credit, when asked, she pleasantly gave me the menus, only to come back 10 minutes later with the “correct” menus. Michael arrived and we waited to order. And waited. Turns out that none of the menus applied because the kitchen closed at 10am and the waitress was long gone! Because my nephew has more than just a little charm, he was able to talk the chef into preparing really good breakfast sandwiches for us. I think he may have played the age card (I’m quite old) and hotels don’t want any mishaps involving seniors and their myriads of health issues.
I came back with a bad cold (if there is a good cold I've not experience that). A weaker woman would be in bed sipping hot lemonade laced with whiskey. The post must go on!
Enough of the kvetching! Next week will be focusing on the good!
Comments
Post a Comment